Skip to content
1 These rules are setup to have socialization class be a safe, structured and fun place for your dog to socialize.
When you arrive for socialization class
- make sure to have your dog on a 4-6 foot leash (no flexi/retractable leashes)
- walk your dog on a loose leash calmly into the fenced area where you’ll have social, find a spot with space for you and your dog and have your dog sit next to you.
- DO NOT LET DOGS MEET WHILE ON LEASH!
- Stay in motion walking in one direction around the outside of the field.
- No touching the dogs
- No talking to the dogs
- No disciplining the dogs
- No watering or feeding the dogs
- No toys
- If you see a dog poop or see dog poop, please grab a bag, pick it up and put in the metal trash can. We appreciate it!
- No fighting
- No bullying
- No flirting (courting)
- No mounting (PDA)
- No excessive barking
- No excessive possessiveness behavior over the person who brought them in
- No prong collars, head halter or transitional leashes on the dogs when off leash.
- Walk your dog into social on a prong collar, head halter or transitional lead. When we instruct to take the dogs off leash, remove the prong collar, head halter or transitional lead with the leash. When we instruct to leash dogs back up, you may put the prong collar, head halter or transitional lead back on.
After Socialization Class
- When instructed, leash up your dog.
- Once leashed, DO NOT LET YOUR DOG MEET OTHER DOGS.
- Walk your dog on a loose leash back to your car.