Group Dog Training Classes
Throughout this 6 week course, you will learn how to train your puppy to be the best they can be! The focus will be on creating a puppy who is eager, motivated and in tune with you.
- Class is open to any puppies between the ages of 8 week to 5 months old when class begins.
- Class size is a minimum of 3 puppies and a maximum of 8 puppies.
- Class is taught outside on grass.
- The first class is without puppies.
- Includes Leash Walking Equipment
- Puppies are required to have age appropriate distemper combo vaccination, 16 weeks and older needs a rabies vaccination and all puppies need a negative fecal test.
You’ll also gain access to our Relaxation, Manners & Leash Basics online course for free (a $224.99 value!) and will be invited to join our Freedom Dog Training Community membership group!
To get started please click on the button called “Click Here to to Sign up for Puppy Class!”. Log in or create an account and go to Book Now. From there click on New Group Class Reservation and choose Puppy Class. We are looking forward to improving your and your puppies lives!
Crazy to Calm: Foundation
Throughout this 6 week course, you will learn how to train your dog to be the best dog he can be! The focus will be on creating a dog who is eager, motivated and in tune with you.
- Class is open to any puppies or dogs over 8 weeks of age.
- Class size is a minimum of 3 dogs and a maximum of 8 dogs.
- The first class is without dogs.
- Your Training Investment is $250.
- Proper manners such as no biting, jumping or rushing through doorways
- How to be calm, relaxed and focused inside and outside
- Basic on leash obedience: loose leash walking, sit, down, mat and come on leash
- Create overwhelming success in everyday life to promote the best behavior your dog can achieve
- Learn how to anticipate and prevent bad behavior before it happens
- Gain the best handling skills you can to make the biggest training impact!
Our Crazy to Calm class includes the following:
- 8 weeks of group class
- Leash walking equipment
- Access to our Use It or Lose It class.
- Enrollment in our online course Relaxation, Manners and Leash Basics
- $1 first month access to our Freedom Dog Training Community facebook group where we post training tips, live Q&As, nutrition talks and more!
- Rabies (1yr or 3 yr)
- Distemper/parvo combo (1 yr, 3yr or yearly titer)
- yearly negative fecal for dogs over 6 months old. For puppies under 6 months, a negative fecal within a month of class
Our Crazy to Calm class Fall 2020 will be held in Minooka. You’ll receive the exact address when you sign up for class. Masks will be required for class so please have them on when you exit your car. Class will be held in our front field directly across from where you park. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before class starts and go straight from your car to the arena. Do not wander the rest of the property.
For class, please have your dog on a secure collar and a 4-6 foot leash. Please no flat collars or harnesses. We recommend a martingale collar until we get to the leash walking lesson in week 2 or 3 of class.
*Please do not let your dog mark on our flowers, bushes tress, house or other items besides grass. Our training property is also our home. Please also pick up after your dog, and if you see a poop someone missed and dispose of it in the provided garbage can.
Dog owners/handlers are personally responsible and legally responsible for their animals. you are using this facility at your own risk, and are personally and legally liable for injuries or damage caused by you, your guests and/or your dog(s). Freedom Dog Training & Boarding, Nicole LaVarier, Freedom Dog Training & Boarding staff, her family or insurance cannot be held responsible for you and your dog(s)’s participation in this event.
Use It or Lose It
Use It or Lose It is our follow up group class for clients who have done training with us. You must RSVP online to let us know you are coming by signing up through the button below. This will let us plan appropriately for class each week in what activities we’re going to do and if we’re going to meet at our location or do a field trip class.
Additionally due to COVID 19 all classes will be held outside and limited to 8 dogs. Only one person per dog and please bring a mask to class.
General Class Guidelines:
1. Don’t feed your dog breakfast but rather bring your dog’s breakfast and some treats with your for training.
2. Pease arrive 10-15 minutes early to the class location, unload, warm up your dog and prepare for class. Only one dog per person. *Due to COVID we are limiting to one person per dog and no other people present.* (Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Young handlers are allowed to work the dog as long as they have control.)
3. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes to class. *Due to COVID all classes will be held outside* (Also dress for both outside and inside. We may be training in one, the other or both.)
5. Dogs need to be on training equipment when they come (transitional leash, prong collar, ecollar, halti, martingale, slip lead…depending on what your dog wore in their training program, no flat collars, harnesses, or flexi/retractable leashes as training equipment. Flat collars can be used as backup collars). If your dog worked with a muzzle in their program or we spoke about possibly needing to muzzle during class, please bring your dog’s muzzle with you.
6. No on leash greetings even if your dog is friendly, please give other dogs space when coming, going and during class.
- Some dogs need space
- We don’t want leashes to become tangled or dropped
- If you’d like to work on your dog participating in social, ask us about our Freedom Dog Program.
7. Do not interact with other people’s dogs, even if you know them, and follow the “no touch, no talk, no eye-contact” rule if/when approached by a dog. Remember owners are working on having their dog pay more attention to them, so help out your fellow group classmates by ignoring their dog. However feel free to strike up a conversation with a person about their dog!
8. Do not bring a sick dog to class.
9. If you have a female in heat, she may attend class but must come wearing britches.
10. We have water bowls at our location that dogs may drink from. If class is held at another location please bring water for your dog, especially on hot days.
11. Please pick up your dog’s poop. We have a pooper scooper at our location. Also please do not let your dog mark on our flowers, bushes, trees and other items besides grass. Our training property is also our home. If it’s a field trip class, please bring poop bags and pick up your dog’s waste.
12. *Due to COVID, we are not allowing others to join class except for the person handling the dog.* Children in Class: We are happy to have family members and children attend our classes. In order to make it a fun and safe experience for everyone in class, please review our guidelines:
- Children 7 and under must have their own adult.
- Children must remain with the parents and under parental control at all times.
- Parents must supervise their children for the entire class.
- Children are not permitted to run, yell or otherwise act disruptively in the classroom.
- Do not allow children to visit with other dogs or get near crated dogs or play on equipment
- Children can get bored during class. Please bring quiet toys or activities to keep them entertained.