Group Dog Training Classes
All Group Classes are Postponed until further notice due to COVID-19 and sheltering in Place in Illinois
During this time, please feel free to reach out about training, behavior questions or concerns you have have at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are still running board & trains and have added Online Training Options.
Crazy to Calm
Welcome to our Crazy to Calm group class!
Throughout this 7 week course, your will learn how to train your dog to be the best dog he can be! The focus will be on creating a puppy or dog who is eager, motivated and in tune with you. Class
- is open to any puppies or dogs over 8 weeks of age.
- is 7 weeks long for $245 and includes training equipment.
- size is a minimum of 3 dogs and a maximum of 6.
The first class is without dogs.
What will you and your puppy/dog learn in Crazy to Calm?
- Proper manners such as no biting, jumping or rushing through doorways
- How to be calm, relaxed and focused inside and outside
- Follow directions such as loose leash walking, sit, down, mat and come on leash
- Create overwhelming success in everyday life to promote the best behavior your dog can achieve
- Learn how to anticipate and prevent bad behavior before it happens
- Gain the best handling skills you can to make the biggest training impact!
Use It or Lose It
Our Use It or Lose It group class is a follow up support class to clients who have been through training with us. Class dates, time and location will be announced via a facebook post and a group email. We ask that you please let us know that you are coming by signing up through the button below. This will let us plan appropriately for class each week in what activities we’re going to do and if we’re going to meet at our location or do a field trip class to a neighborhood, park or pet friendly store.
General Class Guidelines:
1. Don’t feed your dog breakfast but rather bring your dog’s breakfast and some treats with your for training.
2. Pease arrive 10-15 minutes early to the class location, unload, warm up your dog and prepare for class. Only one dog per person. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Young handlers are allowed to work the dog as long as they have control.
3. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes to class. Also dress for both outside and inside. We may be training in one, the other or both.
5. Dogs need to be on training equipment when they come (transitional leash, prong collar, ecollar, halti, martingale, slip lead…depending on what your dog wore in their training program, no flat collars, harnesses, or flexi/retractable leashes as training equipment. Flat collars can be used as backup collars). If your dog worked with a muzzle in their program or we spoke about possibly needing to muzzle during class, please bring your dog’s muzzle with you.
6. No on leash greetings even if your dog is friendly, please give other dogs space when coming, going and during class.
- Some dogs need space
- We don’t want leashes to become tangled or dropped
- If you’d like to work on your dog participating in social, ask us about our Freedom Dog Program.
7. Do no t interact with other people’s dogs, even if you know them, and follow the “no touch, no talk, no eye-contact” rule if/when approached by a dog. Remember owners are working on having their dog pay more attention to them, so help out your fellow group classmates by ignoring their dog. However feel free to strike up a conversation with a person about their dog!
8. Do not bring a sick dog to class.
9. If you have a female in heat, she may attend class but must come wearing britches.
10. We have water bowls at our location that dogs may drink from. If class is held at another location please bring water for your dog, especially on hot days.
11. Please pick up your dog’s poop. We have a pooper scooper at our location. Also please do not let your dog mark on our flowers, bushes, trees and other items besides grass. Our training property is also our home. If it’s a field trip class, please bring poop bags and pick up your dog’s waste.
12. Children in Class: We are happy to have family members and children attend our classes. In order to make it a fun and safe experience for everyone in class, please review our guidelines:
- Children 7 and under must have their own adult.
- Children must remain with the parents and under parental control at all times.
- Parents must supervise their children for the entire class.
- Children are not permitted to run, yell or otherwise act disruptively in the classroom.
- Do not allow children to visit with other dogs or get near crated dogs or play on equipment
- Children can get bored during class. Please bring quiet toys or activities to keep them entertained.